Every 3rd Saturday of the month 2019. Wheel Sport Motorcycle Club of Lawrence, Kansas sponsors a motorcycle “Ride In” from 2pm. at Franks North Star Tavern located at 508 Locust 66044: 785-856-5080 Event starts in May of each year and ends in October (a great ride from KC).
(3) Sundays from April to October during 2019; Jeff Williams Motorcycle Swap Meets; Sundays:April 28, May 19, June 23, July 28, Aug. 25, Sept. 22, Oct. 13 ; Twin Theaters Drive In, 1320 N. 291 (6 miles north of I-70 on 291) from 7am.
EVENTS in APRIL & May 2019
(1) Saturday April 6, 2019 Twisted OZ Bike Show & Swap Meet 601 W. 7th., Augusta, Ks. 67010 8-10am registration, event 10am to 5pm. Contact: email@example.com (Sunflower AMCA Club) 316-942-0160
(2) Saturday May 11, 2019 “Bill Brown’s Annual Picnic” 8120 Gleason, Lenexa, Ks. 66227 Everyone welcome. Noon to 5pm, donations taken for food.
(3) Saturday May 18, 2019 “8th. Annual Spring VJMC Show” Hosted by Donnell’s at 17851 East U.S. Hwy 40 Independence, Missouri 64055 $5 entrance fee goes to a charity. 9am-2pm
EVENTS in JUNE 2019 & July 2019
(1) Sunday June 2, 2019 “25th Annual HoAME Vintage Bike Show” Merriam marketplace 5740 Merriam Dr. 66203 Info. 913-832-2341 9am-3pm $5 at gate.
(2) Saturday July 13, 2019 The “8th. Annual KCVJMC All Japanese Rally” will be held at Liberty Cycle Center from 9:30am till early afternoon; LCC is at 321 N. State (Route 291) Liberty, Mo. 64068; all Japanese motorcycles welcome from all years.
(3) Wednesday July 17, 2019. “VJMC Ride to Allen Press” We will leave from Bill Brown’s shop, ride to Allen Press in Lawrence, Kansas and return for a cook out. We will watch the VJMC magazine being printed! More information to follow. www.vjmc.mysite.com An itinary will be posted but we will leave Bill’s a little before 12 noon and return a little before 5pm. We will not be able to wait for latecomers because of Allen Press time constraints.
EVENTS in AUGUST 2019
(1) Saturday August 3, 2019 “7th. Annual KCVJMC Vintage Motorcycle Rally at the Commermorative Air force Museum” Show & Rally, Sponsored by the KCVJMC (Kansas City Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club) and CAF (Commerative Air force Museum) at the New Century Airport: 9AM-1PM; (6 Aero Plaza, New Century, Kansas 66031-35 south then west on 159th. st.) Breakfast & Lunch served (donation). Any brand of vintage motorcycles 25 years or older welcome!
(2) Saturday August 10, 2019. The 3nd. annual “Kansas City All 2-Stroke Rally” At: Johnny Rays, 800 SW Blue Parkway, Lees Summit, Mo. 64063; 9am to 1pm; All 2 strokes welcome (ride in on any motorcycle); this event supported by KCVJMC More info: WVWRZ500@aol.com or www.markbayermotorcycles.mysite.com/contact.html
(3) Sunday August 11, 2019 “Santa Fe Trail AMCA at the Art of the Machine” City Market, 20 E. 5th. KC, Mo. 64106 10am – 2pm (meet us in the south east corner of the area)
(4) Saturday August 17, 2019 “Going Retro” This is an established car, vintage trailer, and vintage camper show which will include motorcycles for 2019. We support this event because it is family friendly and loves vintage stuff. Who wouldn’t love vintage campers! You are welcome to attend this event and bring your vintage motorcycle. There is a $5 fee to enter and an additional fee to enter for a motorcycle award. Location, Pomona State Park (66543) close to Vassar, Kansas about 70 miles west of Kansas City making it a great ride from our area! More information will come later on this site.
EVENTS in SEPTEMBER & later during 2019
(1) Sunday September 8, 2019 “Bill Browns Midwest Regional Sidecar Meet”; noon-5pm. 8120 Gleason, Lenexa, Ks. 66227 This is the largest side car event in the Kansas City area, you don’t have to ride a sidecar to the event, just come!
(2) Saturday September 28, 2019 “7th. Annual Vintage Iron” (and swap meet) At Hickory Union Moto, 10 S. James St. KC.Ks. 66118 Spectatores $5, show entry $10; questions @ 913-645-2315
(3) “To be announced as we approach the end of the season” Usually late September or the first part of October. “Annual KCVJMC Fall Picnic” All motorcycles and clubs welcome. Wyandotte County Lake (State Park) Shelter 10am to 2pm Please bring a drink, side, or dessert “if you can!” I-435 to 91st. then right to the reserved shelter . I don’t know which one til I reserve it though I do have a couple I prefer.
Hot dogs and chips, soda and water provided but any sides or desserts anyone wants to bring is most welcome. Donations accepted.